I read a piece in glamour magazine about dawn o'porter not wanting her friends to come off Facebook because she might have to try and spend more time with them in real life, time which she doesn't have, and that is a fair point.
But I will still never have a Facebook account. Don't get me wrong I did have one, but about 4 years ago I made the decision to delete my profile (not gonna lie it was partly to do with my fellas ex messaging me every day about why I shouldn't be with him.....we are now married btw ) but it was also partly to do with how it was taking over my life.
I did try it again about a year ago but after a week of constantly checking for updates and being 'that person' who checked every Facebook cliché list there is- I posted food, cute status' about my relationship, angry status' about mates who were just not worth it anymore etc- and seeing pictures of people's kids constantly or reading about how people were falling out with their mates over nothing (but not actually writing the name of these people- ' OMG some people are so two faced if you have sumat to say say it to me face cos I will just find out what you're saying about me' or 'eeeeh some people should keep out of my business you don't know what you're talking about' etc) and honestly it just got depressing.
The first thing I did waking up was check Facebook in case I missed something during the 5 hours I was asleep for, I would check on my breaks and on my way home and before bed. It got annoying and pointless.
So I deleted it for the last time and haven't looked back since. I live my life and it hasn't been made any worse since I stopped finding out every detail about other people's lives!!
Now twitter....Twitter I love!!
Xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment